Last week yet another update of Solaris 10 OS was released: Solaris 10u7.
What’s new in Solaris 10 update 7?
- ZFS support when cloning a Solaris zone – quite a useful tool for someone who always copied the files of Solaris zones. I personally did similar cloning myself, but it’s handy that now ZFS cloning is supported in the zoneadm command itself.
- IPsec – SMF services – Service Management Framework now manages all the necessary IPsec functionality with traditionally thorough approach: interface consistency, restarting anf fault-tracking are all provided. SMF services for IPsec are: ipsec/policy, ipsec/ike, ipsec/manual-key and ipsec/ipsecalgs.
- SunSSH with OpenSSL PKCS#11 Engine support – this opens way for more optimal use of hardware crypto accelerators.
- iSCSI Target improvements – greatly improved iSNS (Internet Storage Name Service) support, updates for improved interoperability. Most common iSCSI initiators are now supported
- NetXen 10-GigE driver – a new NIC driver called ntxn will make it possible to use 10-Gigabit cards on your x86 platform
- New locale support – greetings go to Kazakhstan and Ukraine which are now fully supported
This isn’t a full list of improvements, so if you’re interested in all the details – please read the official What’s New in Solaris 10 update 7 doc.
Solaris 10 u7 screenshots gallery
I’ve uploaded a few screenshots for you, nothing revolutionary but will still give you an idea if you have never seen Solaris 10 before:
Mikhail Subach says
How about Belorussian locale, does Solaris 10 u7 have it? 😉
Gleb Reys says
According to the locale updates schedule, Belarus is next in line: